About Dr Mandy ChiversCurrently, Dr Chivers is working as or with:
- Director Shift Happens Ltd
- Advisory board member of the social enterprise The Sewing Rooms
- Co- author of The DIY Handbook of Action Learning used internationally across all sectors to stimulate learning, improvement and user led innovation
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board International Journal Action Learning Research and Practice
- Associate of Beyond Boundaries
- Yoga teacher : British Wheel of Yoga
- Executive Coach: specialist in behaviour and personal effectiveness. NLP Master practitioner
- Licentiate of The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Member of the Health Professions Council
Previously, she was named Outstanding Partnership Leader of the Year 2012 by the NHS Leadership Academy NW. As a founding member of Liverpool’s multiagency public mental health and wellbeing campaign, 2020 Decade of Health and Wellbeing, Mandy was cited in the New Economics Foundation Progress report Five Ways To Wellbeing and was a member of the task group which had strategic oversight of health and wellbeing for the city of Liverpool.
In addition, she served as a Revans Fellow of Manchester Business School and was a member of a national NHS senior leaders group UK with a radical approach to mobilizing large-scale change.
2012: Healey, C Fearnley, D, Chivers, M, Wadoo, O, Kinderman, P.Mixed method evaluation of a leadership development programme for higher specialist trainees. The Psychiatrist (2012) 36: 386-390 doi: 10.1192/pb.bp.111.035709
2010: Chivers, M., Yates, A., The Narrative Turn in Action learning Practices: from Restitution to Quest. Journal of Action Learning Research and Practice, 7:3, 253-266. Peer reviewed.
2008: Chivers, M., Yates A., Towards an Ecology of Organisation: International Action Learning Conference paper. Henley UK
2005: Chivers, M., ‘Ordinary Magic’: developing services for children with severe communication difficulties by engaging multiple voices. Action Learning Research and Practice, 2:1, 9 – 28. Peer reviewed
2004: Chivers, M., Pedler, M., DIY Handbook for Action Learners. Mersey Care NHS Trust.
2001: The Revans Institute Seminar Series: Foreword to Action Learning: the nature of what there is to learn about – a neglected aspect by John Burgoyne.